Friday, September 20, 2013

What Can I Say

Not only has the maintenance gardener been struck silent, he has stopped weeding. The final crescendo is in full swing. I don't want to mess with it now. I do however still have plans to edit the Tall Goldenrod, Solidago canadensis, in the upper section of the sunny utility meadow into a more distinct line sweeping across the meadow. I plan to try that anyway. At least some thinning of the goldenrod will favor other players.





















A lot of new planting has been done around the old chimney. It will take on more form as the years gather.



























Did I do this? I planted another dozen Yucca filamentosa. I made need a dozen more.





















The other side of the roadside bed.





















The front side. It hides a lot of what is going on deeper in the garden. It hides the cozy cabin from the scenic byway. These grasses are actually an excellent fast growing privacy screen.





















I won't be seeing much of a car on the other side of that.





















And if all that wasn't enough, the mountain is quickly turning blue.


5 comments:

Lola said...

Ahhhhhh my favorite, pic #2. Love that blue. Not much of scenic by way to be seen now.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This time of year is so gratifying. One can relax and look at all the hard work coming to fruition. You deserve a rest.

Jackie said...

Those grasses are gorgeous. Do you know what kind they are?

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola the chimney is photogenic, just hard to get the right light sometimes.

Lisa it has rained all day so I did rest. It was much needed.

Hi Jackie, the grasses in the roadside bed are Miscanthus sinensis 'Morning Light'. The whiter grass with the yucca is probably Miscanthus sinensis 'Variegatus'.

beverly said...

Spectacular!