Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Great Lawn Gets A New Bauble

I have been saving a certain someone's wine jugs for an unknown purpose for a while now. A few days ago a purpose struck me out of the blue. Ever since the notion arrived I have been itching to get it done so I could see my notion made real. Would I like it?





















This afternoon the Great Lawn got a new bauble. It really has no purpose other than ornamentation. It is my hope that the light will play with it and make the view from above a bit more interesting in the barren time. It is lined up to become a part of the larger stone sculpture, Creation.





















So far I like it. It could be another ring bigger, but that is all the wine jugs I have for now. It isn't to small. It might be just right as the smaller glass bindi of Creation.





















Objets de are wandering out into the garden as the garden becomes. There is certainly a lot left to be desired about my no budget at all art in the garden. There is the fear that junk is just junk unless it is done well. There is also something to be said for letting go of fear and reveling in the act of creative play. Anything can be undone. Junk can be re-purposed or thrown away when the notion arrives.



























The blue stairs down to the basement patio turned out pretty nice. It was a creative risk that could have been painted over if I didn't like how it turned out.





















Blue stairs and a glass bindi at that patriotic little cabin up at the low spot on the mountain top. All will be revealed in another couple weeks when the trees go bare. My cachet as a roadside attraction continues to grow.





















And the garden grows. Oakleaf hydrangea that started out as rooted sticks are now large shrubs. The evergreen and cold hardy clumping bamboo is putting on some heft. I still wish it would grow taller faster. It gains about a foot and a half of height each season.





















Each passing year the barren time gets a little less bare.

4 comments:

Barry said...

That is perfect! I think the hexagonal pattern salutes the honeycomb architecture of bees. You have enhanced Creation!

Lola said...

Looking good my friend. Time will tell. I dare say you have it going ok.

Rebecca said...

Ahhhhh! The tension between "junk is just junk unless it is done well" (brilliantly said, by the way) and "reveling in the act of creative play"! I DO believe you're striking a beautiful balance!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It will be fun to see how it all comes together. Love the blue stairs. Very welcoming.