Sunday, June 14, 2015

A Sunday In June

There is a garden in there I swear. It is getting better, but it is still a bit dinged from the hail storm. I am loving the completely self sown drifts of the native Hydrangea arborescens in the back ground. They will be in full bloom shortly.





















The variegated Feather Reed Grasses I planted last year are gaining some substance.





















I planted about ten more this spring in the Tall Flower Meadow. They are coming from divisions of larger clumps so it takes them a couple of seasons to grow some heft. I have the time to wait.





















The Louisina iris 'Black Gamecock' is blooming.



























The bright, bright discarded orange lily is at peak.



























I had no idea what this might become when I asked if I could hold it for a while. Today its purpose was revealed and a nice coat of gold spray paint was applied.



























Sorry dude. The strawberry crop was a failure this year. Most of the plants died out. Move on along. Nothing for you to eat here. Of course this could be a Ma'am and she might be wanting to lay eggs. The fluffy soil in the roadside vegetable garden seems to attract egg laying box turtles.




















Parsnips in bloom.





















You see, every time I drove by I was just too tired to harvest bamboo for the pole beans. I was even contemplating scrapping the pole beans this year because it was getting late in the planting season.

This morning I bumped into my pole bean tower. After it was nicely painted, I had the thought of turning it into a trash mobile up there by the scenic byway during the off bean season, with a nice sign on top, "Is This Your Litter?"

I'll have bean season to think it over.





















The Meidiland Rose is having a good year. It froze to the ground two winters ago and had to start over from scratch.





















Carolina Lupine, Thermopsis caroliniana is looking fine. I grew four from seed and planted them last fall. One survived. I'll do it again with this year's seed crop. I need more of them.





















There is a garden in there I swear. Each passing day is showing more bloom.





















There are other entertainments while I wait.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I like your new bean trellis.

Lola said...

I agree with Lisa Greenbow.