Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Corner Of My Eye

Across the parking lot, past two streets, over the lawn and up the hill a ways, I saw a scene of a domestic summer day.

There was a time.


















What I really saw was bless this laundry. There is a church on the corner. I just couldn't quite capture the picture I wanted because the box covered loading dock of the appliance store across from the church was in the way.



























This is what they do all day when I am gone.




















Life flutters about in my absence.



















I come home to wander and see what has changed.





















The lift off to summer blooms is under way.





















I walk by and right over it regular. Today it caught my eye.





















That's how it is now with the Objets de. The Lush consumes them. They only peek out in the time of vegetation, catching many people by surprise.


7 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Love that orange lily!

Lola said...

Oh my,do love the orange lily and I love objects in the garden.

C. C. said...

What kind of bottles did you use for that beautiful feature? I swear. I'm going to find a spot that needs a jewel and do that.

Christopher C. NC said...

That orange lily was evicted from a client's garden during her "I don't want no stinkin' perennial flowers that need dead heading" phase. I brought it home. Things have changed now that her garden has been brought under control, gets regular maintenance and someone else dead heads the flowers. Now I hear, I think I need some more color. She is not getting her orange lily back though. One very nice yellow one like this variety survived in her garden.

CC those are the jugs from the ripple my mother drinks, specifically Carlo Rossi Sangria - mixed with seven up. She told me this year it doesn't taste as good anymore and she is drinking less. I was appalled. Drink up I said. I need one more energy vortex transmitter/receiver in the garden. I have found glass is a better energy conductor than tin foil.

Lola said...

I couldn't have bottles here. Kids you know.

C. C. said...

Well, I want it, but it prob isn't practical for me either, now that I think about it, even with no kids. With the huge trees that die/fall occasionally and require equipment in the back to clean up, buried glass might not be such a good idea. I sure love it, though.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Objects are playing peek-a-boo now. I remember those days when I loved to hang the bed sheets out to dry. I lived in the country then. No dust from traffic passing by. That outdoorsy smell and the texture of the sheets. Aaahhhhh wonderful.