Monday, June 1, 2015

The Mighty Jungle

I'm not missing the toucan.





















It grows and grows. It grows so fast the annual plague of grasshoppers can't chew holes in every leaf.





















Then it rains and rains some more. The slime brigades of slugs and snails try mightily to consume everything in their path and fail.





















Ruins of old would be completely consumed if I ignored them for too long.





















The Lush leaps up reaching into baby trees.





















The Tall Flower Meadow is growing taller by the day.





















In the shade Bold foliage punctuates the chaos.





















Where there is sun there are more flowers. More flowers will keep coming.





















I live in a temperate jungle.





















Where Carrion Flowers perfume the air. I live wild.



























And work civilized. The flagstone gravel path in the fountain garden is almost done.





















I am floating the stones in the tan pea gravel on top off a thin layer of paver base. Stone by stone I am making the walkway level and as flat as a pancake.





















It feels comfortable to walk on already, but some of the stones are pretty thin and are bound to move with traffic. After it is set, settled and topped off with more pea gravel where needed, I plan to brush, then wash in a light layer of sand to help lock the gravel in place.

Then I am going plant shopping. There is a lot of mulch to cover.


6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This all looks wonderful.

Phillip Oliver said...

It looks great!

beverly said...

The walkway looks beautiful. They are lucky to have an OCD gardener.

Christopher C. NC said...

Thanks y'all. It has turned out pretty nice.

Bev my OCD is already past pretty and working on durability. I looked at decomposed granite stabilizers. Briefly mulled polyurethane, epoxy and dry mortar watered in. Settled on sand to start and see how that lasts.

Lola said...

Don't know about there but sand here lasts a loooooong time.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola I am sure the sand will last. I'm more interested in how it will help stabilize the stone and gravel and keep them from moving around.