Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A Minimal Amount Of Order

It only takes one thin strip of mowed grass to prevent the look of abandonment. I can't have the place giving that impression with all the traffic passing by on the scenic byway. I did stop mowing where the sign said to.





















On the other side of the rickety split rail fence held together with hope and some baling wire, it is the same story. One thin strip mowed through the wild is all the order we get.





















Even the roadside vegetable garden with its neat rows of fine produce gets a bit wild looking by the end of summer.





















There is more wild than order.





















When you look you can see there is a way in.





















And there are things to see. The Tall Flower Meadow is about to bloom in an exuberant explosion of color.





















With just a minimal amount of order I can wander in for an up close and personal look at things.



























The native Nodding Onion, Allium cernuum, is in bloom.




















And so is a lavender Beebalm that followed me home. Will this Beebalm have what it takes to survive in the Tall Flower Meadow? It will have to thrive without order.

Order is mowed. Everything else is not.


3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

If that bee balm gets a good footing I bet you will find it here and there. It is a fairly tough character.

Lola said...

I love it all.

Sallysmom said...

My allium decided it didn't want to bloom this summer. I guess it is just taking some time off.