Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Bulbapaloozathon Begins

Even past peak there are always a few more.



I am slightly baffled about how I could have miss the biggest clumps of crocus blooming. Oh well, there's always next year. This crocus needs to be moved. It's buried under a juniper. I like it so I think it needs to be moved to the garden to be.



There are some random fresh crocus about.



This patch of anemones in the sunny utility meadow by the big rock seems to be spreading. The picture doesn't do these bright cheerful flowers any justice. They are quite striking as you stroll by.



The daffodils are definitely here. With warm weather in the works they are bound to move right along.



I do recall in years past setting an official date for the beginning of the Bulbapaloozathon. Today is March the 10th. By my official start date we are only 3 days early.



Maybe things are not as out of whack as the wild swings in the weathers make it seem.



The daffodils are supposed to start blooming now.



Spring is here. I even planted greens and peas in the roadside vegetable garden today. Seven days before the official start date of roadside vegetable gardening.



It'll get cold again no doubt. It will likely even try to snow again.



All will be well. My seeds will germinate when they sense things are just right. The daffodils will bloom on.



The baby helleborus are blooming nicely for such small plant. They will be even nicer as they gain some size.



The first chore for this morning was putting my landing pad back in order. The mess has been reorganized. I can look at it now without getting fidgety.



Tomorrow, on another gorgeous, warm and sunny day I plan to do a little work in the ridge top garden. There's always something that needs tidying.

4 comments:

Jason said...

I just got home from a business trip and found the crocuses blooming. My snowdrops started blooming a few weeks ago and they are still going. My daffs and species tulips are just emerging, flowers are at least a couple weeks away.

Diana said...

Your bulbs are so beautiful against the backdrop of that stunning blue sky.

Christopher C. NC said...

Jason sometimes this mountain top garden remembers it is in the south and gets ahead of gardens up north.

Diana it was a most beautiful sunny 65 degree day. That is the sky that always follows a cold front passing through.

Garden Broad said...

LOVE the bulb pics! It's fun to get down to their level :)