Friday, January 24, 2014

My Tropical Period

The morning low was minus -6. I wasn't expecting it to get quite that low, but it did.

Less than a decade ago the notion of a Siberolina was unthinkable. It never would have entered my head. Then things changed.





















There was a very long tropical period in my life. I finally got around to getting it framed. That period is over, but the mana of twenty years of island life is very much a part of who I am.






















And I gave it up for this?

I gave nothing up. Those twenty years were lived in an extraordinarily beautiful place. I moved on to live a new experience in an extraordinarily beautiful place. With seasons.



























There is a a lot to like about seasons. Four times a year the garden changes in extraordinary ways. I am here to witness that power.

7 comments:

Lola said...

Tropical periods are great. We learn. Seasons are nice. One can see the beauty of each. Growing, passing on so we can learn,see it all.

Sallysmom said...

Have you considered painting your stock tank?

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am glad you aren't regretting your move. Enjoy life.

Jane said...

I love how you tell us about your experiences. I can be there through your "eyes". Keep up the great posts!

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola it was a fine period in my life.

Sallysmom I like the stock tank silver the way it is.

No regrets Lisa. I need to be here for Bulbarella too.

Thanks Jane.

beverly said...

My dad was stationed in Hawaii for a period during WWII. He said he got to hate it after awhile because the weather was always the same! But, he was from Rhode Island......

Les said...

I like your attitude, but right now I would prefer just three seasons.