Friday, January 31, 2014

No Sign Of The Daffodils

We went looking.



























Searched the far corners, sniffed and examined the ground.





















Nothing. No daffodils, no bluebells, no crocus, not even many snowdrops. I imagine the ground is still froze.





















There is a warm spell coming up, a string of days and nights well above freezing and packing rain. The snow will melt. The ground will thaw. That could force them up. But rumor has it next weekend we might get a foot of snow.

Maybe it's best they wait just a bit longer.

3 comments:

Lola said...

I agree it's best they wait. Things here seem to be waiting. I'm glad as it's cold. Some things do seem to be coming up tho.

Sallysmom said...

Some of my paperwhites got blasted in the polar vortex. I was just sick about that.

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

beautiful melting of snow..., for new leash of life.