Thursday, January 22, 2015

High Above The Posh Estates

Further up the mountain, almost at the top, there is a nice view back down to the Posh Estates.





















Posh Estate #2 with the problem pond is the white one on the top left below the group of pines and spruce. Posh Estate #1 is the second one down from the top on the right with the green roof. The koi and goldfish in a pond there had babies that will be moved to a new home in the problem pond when it is ready.


















Further up my driveway, almost near the top, is a nice view back down to the cozy cabin.





















Where I am beginning to wonder if 'Diane' #2 is an imposter. The group of them was badly mislabeled at the nursery which is how I ended up with 'Arnold's Promise' and then went back for the 'Jelena' I wanted when they were in bloom.

'Diane' #2 has some orangeness mixed in with the red. Is this a different cultivar? I don't really care. The blooms on it are certainly more than good enough. They aren't even fully open yet.





















'Diane' #1 that I was trying to get in focus and missed is much more pure red. You can see 'Jelena' clearly in the background. They are side by side and it is nice to see there will be bloom time overlap. I just can't wait until they are nice big shrubs.



























'Diane' #1 is a much more intense and deeper red than that potential imposter.



























There is a long string of snowy maybe days ahead. The temperatures will just barely be in the snow making range. I may end up seeing the entire grab bag of winter precipitation.

'Jelena' won't mind. These cool to just below freezing temps may even make the bloom last longer as they wait patiently for pollination.



























Way high up on the scenic byway I look out and over the cozy cabin and wild cultivated gardens. I am pleased.