Saturday, January 24, 2015

It Snowed

I slept in. It kept snowing until one. I was forced to organize my receipts. I might start the cipherin for my taxes the next time it snows.





















A little bit of snow makes all the baby trees and shrubberies I have planted stand out. It will be a significant screen when they all grow big and fill in. The two hollies are struggling though. They may never amount to much.





















The slope below the scenic byway should become a low mixed hedge row. It should. It just doesn't happen very quickly. My garden is on the extreme edge of so many conditions favorable to plant growth.





















It was a bit windy yesterday and the dead and decomposing hemlocks keep giving up their limbs.





















Is 'Jelena' about to be done? She didn't curl up for the cold. It was 26 this morning. Maybe they don't curl until it gets colder.



























The grasses are getting thin too. The wind is a big component of winter decomposition. The diagnosis is saying sun tomorrow then right back to more snow and cold. I think we are about to do winter for real. I may be forced to do my taxes.


4 comments:

Lola said...

Beautiful. Glad I don't have to mess with taxes. To old I guess. Limbs continue to fall here too.

Unknown said...

Your 'Jelena' makes very nice winter banner/wallpaper. And 'yikes!' yes it's getting dangerously close to tax time!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The dreaded taxes. UGH...

Christopher C. NC said...

I am much more prompt with my taxes now that I don't live on Maui.