Saturday, January 10, 2015

Still Frozen

Both of my temperature detecting devices lie to me at mid afternoon. I know 44. That was no 44. I'm not even sure it was a 32.

'Jelena' wasn't fooled. There was no unfurling of petals despite what the thermometer said. But 'Jelena' could be frozen never to unfurl again. I have to wait a bit longer to know for certain. The curled rhododendron leaves agreed with 'Jelena', that was no 44.

At mid afternoon the sun manages to get under the roof of the front porch and shine on my temperature devices for a short while giving the impression it is warmer than it feels. Nothing melted. No one was fooled. The world is still frozen.



























The snow might be evaporating a little, but it isn't melting.





















I checked the other 'Jelena'. It was closed tighter than the first one. It is also in a slightly shadier and colder location. It certainly wasn't anywhere close to 44 down by the Great Lawn.



























The Deep Cold Art Project is as frozen as the day it was put out. Starting tomorrow night the diagnosis is predicting a return to rain. Cold rain. Just barely warm enough not to be snow rain. A hovering in the 45 to 34 degree range for the next four days rain.

A I wonder how long it will take things to melt rain.





















The snowdrops are ready and waiting for conditions to be just right. It is amazing how much frigid abuse the snowdrops can take. Like so many other things, when the deep cold arrives, they just curl up and fall to the ground. As soon as it warms up, they perk right up, ready to keep on blooming until the mission is complete.



























All this cold is terribly confusing. My mind slows down right along with my body. I could be doing something, but what? Oh that can wait til later. Maybe when it is a bit warmer.


3 comments:

Lola said...

Jelena will tell the truth. Glad your orbs are sill frozen.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola it will not surprise me if remnants of the orbs are still here at the end of the week.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

One must listen to One's body. It will also tell you the temperature. Take it easy. Stay warm.