Sunday, May 31, 2015

A Slow Down

I only managed two and a half hours of editing today. I did finish weeding vetch out of someone's iris and daylilies in the sunny utility meadow. There was a late start and an early finish. I was hampered by a lack of enthusiasm.

That was due in part I feel certain from moving a full pallet of flagstone three times in two days. Tomorrow I get to move a couple tons of pea gravel and lift and set the entire pallet of flagstone one more time.





















I needed to slow down today. Then come to a stop. I'm still stopped.





















Passing showers have made it easier to remain stopped.



























Just sitting there dazed and gazing, I noticed my neighbor's scalped hillside of grass was turning yellow. The constant short haircut is beginning to favor a stoloniferous weed in the composite family.

Perhaps I should sprig in some Bird's Foot Violets. They would like that habitat and handle the mowing regimen.

I may be stopped, but I have not stopped thinking of things to do.


6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You need to let your body rest. You can get so much more accomplished when you are rested. All is looking so good.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa half my rest problem is the two hairballs I live with are on different time schedules and they wake me up two and three times a night. I wish I knew how to fix that.

Sallysmom said...

I thought I would sleep fine after I retired but actually don't sleep as well. I wake up at 3:30 every morning. Makes for a very long day.

Unknown said...

Your Fire Pinks are beautiful! I found a small cluster on my property but in very deep shade. Everything I've read says they like a few hours of sun. Do you think they will self seed and spread? How can I get them to grow in other areas?

Christopher C. NC said...

Sallysmom at least I am able to go back to sleep after the hairballs wake me up to go out.

Dana my Fire Pink are in full sun and doing fine. I have not seen any self sowing yet, but it may take a few years to go from seed to bloom and for me to find them. The best way to get more is to collect the seed, sow them in pots and plant when big enough.

Lola said...

It looks so good but we need to slow down some. We had a shower here also. More thunder than rain.