Sunday, October 4, 2009

Blue And Gray

Look ma. No wooden steps on this side of the roof anymore. Everything that needed doing with the scaffolding has been done. I'm pretty sure anyway. I hope. Lord please don't make me have to go up there again.

I'm sorely tempted to just keep painting, but what would this cabin building adventure be if I didn't have half a dozen half finished projects going on at once. Besides, it is raining again.



The tall lanky New England Aster flops over the path. You can't cut it now. It's blooming. It just gets shoved out of the way when needed.



Blue, blue, blue is the color of October as the goldenrod fades and the forest gears up to turn.



The Blue Wood Aster is much better about standing up. It will often have a little lean, but it doesn't just fall over and lay on the ground like the New England Aster. Gardey doesn't believe in staking things and other forms of plant bondage. Stand on your own or suffer the consequences.



The gray looks subtle in this shot which is fine. Of course its hue changes with the changing light.



And now I know there will be a point in early fall when the cozy cabin's colors matches the color of the wild things.

9 comments:

Carol Michel said...

The cozy cabin does reflect the colors of those asters rather nicely. Good job on color choies. And I agree, keep "plant bondage" to a minimum!

Glad the scaffolding work is done and you are safe on the ground again.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I've been waiting to see more of that cabin color; I love it! It will offer a subtle but enhancing foil to the natural colors around it.

bev

Siria said...

And I also see the cozy cabin colors in the columns reflecting the beautiful colors of fall to come. I could already see it in that last picture! I can't wait to see the whole cabin painted. You have us in suspense!

Lola said...

Total suspense, but I love, love, love the color combination. Looks already like it's been there for yrs.
Glad you are down on terra Fermi. My Latin is horrible.

chuck b. said...

I like the colors too! Love the blue trim.

Pam said...

The gray and blue look great!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

No, one doesn't like to see plant bondage either. Your cabin is a marvelous color. Too bad the siding didn't come in that color so you didn't have to paint it.

Christopher C. NC said...

I'm glad y'all like the colors. When you stare at something long enough you begin to go, eh whatever.

Annie in Austin said...

The shape and colors look so perfect in this setting. How long would you have to be gone to reset your ability to be wowed once again? Bet returning after a 5-day visit elsewhere would bring back your sense of awe, Christopher ;-]

Annie at the Transplantable Rose