Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pink Outside

A color that would absolutely make me retch inside the house is quite nice out in the garden to be. Pink oenothera and pink veronica make a nice grouping. We'll see what happens if the pinks are still blooming when the red and yellow kniphofia spikes show up right next to it.



Getting ready for tile is tedious. Fifty five screws per 3 x 5 sheet of Hardie backerboard. I have nineteen sheets to go and all the cuts for plumbing and gas lines to come.



The shower is ready for tile. And now I can not find the sheets of 1 x 1 iridescent glass tile we picked many months ago as the decorative accent in a standard, hospital white, tile shower. I need that to choose the dozen or so 6 x 6, colored, clear glass tiles that will be placed randomly in the 6 x 6 hospital white. The shower wall will be glass block with a glass door and the vanity sink will be a clear glass top with integrated bowl. It will be at some point anyway. I have the white hospital tile. Now I just need to find new glass tile. Nothing starts until I have all the tiles gathered.

The drywall walls may end up some shade of green.



The pink will stay outside.



Pink is happiest outside.

5 comments:

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! What a bummer about the glass tiles. I'm sure you will find just the right thing. I agree with leaving the pink outside, although I do love pink in all shades. I like the thought of green in the bathroom; very soothing! Very very soon you will be finished with the cozy cabin. It is looking great!

Antique ART Garden said...

Aw C'mon, toughen up to pink inside. I have had and sold many antique old florals with pink roses, that I do believe you may have liked, dark backgrounds wit draping roses. But, then again , you may be too manly for pink roses inside. My husband doesn't care as he doesn't ever notice what I hang on the walls anyway. He's about as manly as you get too ( he can build a house with his teeth as well ). Ok, keep up all the hard work ! Take care, Gina

Jeff Branch said...

Good luck with the tile job. I have considered a bathroom tile job and I just could not bring myself to tackling it. I think it would be fun to be a tile installer even though it is very hard work.

Lola said...

I agree pink needs to stay in the garden. My miniature azalea that has pink blooms {brought back from N.C. A gift from a friend} is next to my yellow coropsis.They don't really go together, I don't think. But Mother Nature has all colors together in her gardens.
Hope you find the glass that you are looking for. I know it will be pretty.

chuck b. said...

Allegedly pink is very calming. Remember those reports from several years ago about how the police would put violent and/or drunk prisoners in pink rooms to calm them down? Was that all bunk? I don't know. We don't have any pink in our home either, but lots of it in the garden.

I had a pink button-down shirt until it got a pretty bad spaghetti stain that I couldn't get out.