Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Flowers Before Bloom Day

Thermopsis caroliniana





















Louisiana Iris 'Black Gamecock'





















A Stewartia pseudocamellia I rescued from being trashed at the local nursery.



























It was a little sad looking and had some scale. He didn't want to sell it to me. I told him no scale will survive in my garden. Take half off the price. You want it out of here anyway.

Today it is healthy and growing like a weed. Did I spray it for scale? Of course not. No scale in my garden.



















Hydrangea quercifolia almost



























There is more to see in the wild cultivated gardens than just flowers. The Cracked Blue Pot.





















One Old Chimney





















Parsnips in bloom. Since this is a vegetable, I'm sure sure it qualifies as a real flower.





















The roadside vegetable garden with the wild flower surround.





















It is the time of the Lush. You can't tell in this picture, but the Lush is beginning to be speckled with a number of blooming things.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Don'tcha jus luv it!

beverly said...

Wow, that's some thermopsis! Mine has been like 3 stalks for 3 years - think it needs more sun. You inspire me to get off my butt and move it!

Also love your stewartia story; what a beautiful plant.