Monday, August 14, 2017

Almighty Goo

Half of the hard part is essentially done. A little more rubber liner went bye bye. Rocks got stuck to the liner and my fingers look like I dipped them in a bucket of black tar.





















This is what it looked like yesterday.





















I do need to go back and cut off the excess waterfall foam. I ran out of time and it needs to cure for a bit anyway. Note the nice new flow over the first drop of the falls. I glued a single flat piece of rock in there.





















Cutting the liner off the big boulder on the right opened up the first possible escape route for water. There is no direct flow over that way now, but things can change. The plan is to lay a bead of foam under the liner, add a few more small rocks under the boulder and foam that closed too. I want water tight. That whole edge needs some more detail work.





















It looks so small in pictures, but this section is near eighty feet of stream bed.





















This will be the biggest planting area of the pond inside the bowl formed by the old walls. My remaining collection of baby rocks need to find a new home. This side is basically a mud flow on top of a solid slab of rock





















The planting area on the opposite side is about half the size. It is pretty much a solid slab of rock period. What does one grow on a solid slab of rock? Green fuzz is nice.





















There is one more section of the hard part. No sense in cleaning the dried crusty black goo off my fingers just yet.





















One small section by the wall on the left needs covering. That may be where my baby rocks go. I do have a quarter load of new rock coming. There are bits of exposed liner here and there and I hope to build a dam of sorts to hold back the mud flow in places.





















Have you missed me Button?





















My garden is beginning to reach a stage of neglect. I don't think it cares. The one next door even more so. Someone's knees are putting a major crimp in achieving the proper amount of quality garden time. That leaves me to make up for it.

The good thing is all I have to do is mow the paths and all will be well. Mowed paths make the weeds magically disappear in a wild cultivated garden.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Gail at Clay and Limestone gardens on rock. Maybe you can get some ideas from her regarding what grows well on rock. I bet you can't wait to get this project finished. It is such a large waterfall. I can't wait to see the fish swimming.