Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Under Garden Keeps Rockin'

Winter returned right when two drivers from Florida where responsible for chauffeuring me while I got a new eyeball. I actually had to drive myself to the surgery cause snow.




















Winter is good. It put a halt to the freakish growth spurt from the heatwave in February. That has kept damage to a minimum. So far.




















Spring is not to be denied. Daffodils have joined the Under Garden for a new state of show while winter keeps attempting return visits.





















It is not unusual for spring to offer up some sacrifices in the garden. One leader of the Chamaecyparis nootkatensis 'Pendula' was put to rest.




















It had a V-shaped forked double trunk that I thought was not best for snow loads. I had lightly topped one leader twice to no avail. This time I got serious. The gardener subtracts.




















The gardener adds.




















The Under Garden is a serious being of its own now. It will serve me quite well five months out of the year, slowly changing as all gardens do, with its season of interest.




















The barren time needs a new name.





















The Winter of Monet is half over. One more eyeball to go. The Under Garden will rock on no matter. Because I planted it so.





















Someone stopped to take a picture of a flying bicycle this afternoon. I took a rare selfie.


5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Good to know that you are still kicking. Good luck with the other eye. I hope that doesn't bring more snow to your area.

Unknown said...

I was visiting a garden and took a photo of a plant pairing that made me think of your blog. It is Under Garden meets Bulbarella. How do I show it to you?

Sallysmom said...

How old is the Chamaecyparis?

Christopher C. NC said...

Still here Lisa. The next snow is this Wednesday. The next eye is mid to late April. I have a leaky pond to fix first.

Hi Lacey. I suppose you can email me the picture at outsideclyde at gmail dot com.

Sallysmom, the Chamaecyparis is about six years old. I start cheap and small with plants I have to pay for. Wish I had noticed the forked trunk back then.

Jan O said...

I'm glad that your recovery and the Under Garden are going well. Take care.