Thursday, November 22, 2018

Toothless On Thanksgiving

In the magic light of an early winter morning,
When I can stay home




















And I feel fine.




















Individual results may vary. For me this has been pain free. There has been some discomfort of course. My jaw bones were bruised and my gums swelled up big time when he ripped all twenty three of my remaining teeth out of my face and sewed my gums closed. That's how loose and rotten they were.

As far as I was concerned, my primary task was to get some food in me and to let my mouth heal. I'll worry about the dentures later. I have now spent some quality time toothless, eating and rinsing and rinsing some more.

There is a not completely explainable comfort I find in being toothless. It feels so right and I am not fully healed. My old teeth were shot and a constant source of discomfort. Eliminating that is such a relief. That however does not fully explain this strange comfort I find in being toothless. It feels so right.

A whole new world of tasty food opened up to me. There is really no need to chew. Sadly, that includes a potentially addictive chocolate pudding I found in the yogurt department.

I had my first post surgery denture fitting yesterday. That and good marks in healing (all that rinsing) made a big difference in how they fit. The dentures are getting closer to feeling so right. I have now spent some quality time with the nicest looking teeth I have ever had in my life. I like my new choppers. It's almost time to learn how to eat with them.

I think all will be well.




















So the witches said.




















It was a beautiful day.




















I wandered out to fondle the Under Garden to start getting it ready for its winter debut.




















But now is not the time for the big chop down.
Not when the light does this.


4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The light looks so pretty coming through the stalks of the grass and other plants.
Good to hear you are healing well. Swish swish...

Christopher C. NC said...

Smooth sailing with the new choppers so far Lisa.

beverly said...

Goodness, 23!! That must have caused more than a little discomfort. I seem to be following in your footsteps; first cataract surgery a couple weeks ago, 2nd pending soon. You really can see much better, can't you? For gardeners that's important. Hope your mouth heals as well as your eyes. Enjoyed the witch hazel; not too many clinging leaves? I thought the native was known for that.

Christopher C. NC said...

Bev the cataract surgery was a major improvement in my ability to see details while gardening. Yes, that makes a big difference when editing gardens. The teeth, the dentist blamed it on gum disease, ie oral hygiene which I never got high marks for and the particular bacteria a person has in their mouth - that are inherited from their mothers.


The native witch hazels can and will hold the leaves during bloom, but it is not an absolute.