Sunday, December 8, 2019

Before And After

Today was the day to do it.




















It was the right kind weather before the week gets ugly. I had to talk myself out of going to do work kind work. Next week is looking so ugly there are bound to be some rain delays and I am wanting to shut gardens down for the season. I just wasn't in the mood to leave home.




















Today was the day. The rubbish was going to get rearranged. There was going to be a cleansing fire.


















The old tire that rose out of the garden several years ago and never made it to the dump was relocated to a highly visible location. Hopefully that will speed up its departure.




















A decorative split rail fence was erected to go with the remaining junk. It looked much nicer before I piled all the junk around it. I'm not quite satisfied with this new arrangement. I'll reconsider things on another day.




















But the pile of collectibles is gone. There was progress.




















Life in the compound got a little tidier. The shed got a little fuller.




















This flat piece of ground could be put to higher use and I have been contemplating propagating plants as one way to supplement my meager gubmint check in my decrepitude. I need to learn how to eat the weeds too.




















Things disappear and things accumulate. I sure wish the leaves would finish falling off my Japanese Christmas Tree.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It does look a bit more tidy. It must feel good to get that accomplished. I think you will appreciate that flat area being open to new projects. Cheers.