Monday, October 15, 2007

Three Wall

Sections have been framed and there are three more to go.

How does a small rectangular cabin have six walls you ask. There is a sleeping loft above the kitchen and bath. The long side walls are being built in two sections, a 16 foot long 8 foot tall piece for the living room and a 10 foot 8 inch long 12 foot tall section for the kitchen/bath with the loft above.















There may be rain a comin and I know the cousins are a comin and tomorrow I start my first day at my new clients garden, so there may be a delay until the next bit of wall framing commences. And Wednesday I have a job interview with the landscape company I applied to last Friday. How's that for things coming together. I have to see what this job really is before I get excited.

I am still excited about my future patio though. The footing for the lower wall is in and curing. I hurl nice stones closer to the area in spare moments. The back retaining wall will go just behind the line of the two ladders and two large stones under the cabin.

The patio will be my winter project. My contractor flees south for the winter and the cabin will likely be covered and put to bed for a few months.















If we can get the septic tank guy here to trench in the lines needed for the drain field I could start some work on my sunny hillside of future botanical delights.












This hillside planting at the Denver Botanic Gardens has a certain charm. On some cold and snowy day I will have to give you more of a tour of my drive cross country.

3 comments:

chuck b. said...

What a fantastic garden-on-a-slope. Drool! I would pick some different plant material I'm sure, but me likee. You could pick worse inspirations, that's for sure. I'm much more excited about your slope now! :)

Ivette Soler had a post on a slope recently. A much steeper slope than Denver or you have to contend with. She advises using only a few accents. Anyway, check it out: http://www.dominomag.com/daily/blogs/germinatrix/2007/10/planting-hillsi.html

Oh, and jobs, jobs, jobs! Lucky you.

Anonymous said...

Wall built in two sections...

Yeah...

It get's FUN building stuff ALONE. Sometime a third hand (or a second back) would be VERY helpful, no?

Looks VERY good.

Keep going!

lisa said...

Ditto to what the guys said! It's so fun to see your progress, thank you for posting this stuff!