Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Twenty Four Hours

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I was counting green clumps of Daffodil/Narcissus foliage and looking at Crocus buds and today it is all totally buried in a thick white blanket. It is still snowing and has been for the last 24 hours. Is that allowed in the south? Some blob seems to be stuck over the mountains.

It is so cold the Black Locust trees are doing their ominous cracking lumber sound like they are going to crash to the ground at any moment. That's just them barking a little. I don't think they are really planning to fall.













Got a full load in the pickup truck.














I haven't seen this much snow melt yet. We're headed back to 60 degrees by Sunday. It should be quick and hopefully painless.

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Be safe Christopher. All that snow is awesome.

Anonymous said...

What's amazing is that I am just over the mountain in Sylva and we have nothing. Nothing. A dusting that didn't even stay on the cars and trees.
I'm jealous. I wanted one more good snow before spring.

Christopher C. NC said...

WesleyJeanne, I would happily give you half of this snow if I could. Nothing at all in Sylva. That is amazing. The snow blob must just be over me. It's 10:30pm and still snowing.

Annie in Austin said...

Back on the flat clay of Illinois a melt could be worse than the snow - the ground was frozen deep and there was no where for the water to go. Since you're on a hill the 'relatively painless' is much more likely, Christopher!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose