Tuesday, July 2, 2013

In Hiding

I have put a hurting on large swaths of the Lush. There is stomping, breakage and mangling involved with prying the steel roots of Clematis virginiana out of the ground. It is to good purpose. Next year there will be less of it. Weeding will become less destructive.

In places with more mature plantings, where weeding has been more routine over the years, less of it is needed to remove the unwanted, the Lush is as it should be, perky and filled with blooms.





















The few weeds I do have in the roadside vegetable garden are actually self sown perennial flowers I have weeded around with the intent of transplanting at some point. At some point they can be moved some where else; some time. I may get to it eventually.



























My weeding leaves the good things. They may get mangled this year, but since so many of them are perennials, they will be back next year without the smothering competition. I now have areas looking the way I want and haven't had to weed them at all this year.





















I'll keep weeding and planting. Hiding out there in the Lush is an amazing array of good things. I just need to find them and set them free.


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

It almost sounds patriotic - "I just need to find them and set them free"!

The Great Liberator you are....And the Lush is looking good.

Lola said...

Freedom is great. Let the pretties shine. Have a great 4th. you & mom.

Gary Marks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.