Monday, July 1, 2013

Now That It's July

The wild flowers are really getting their bloom on. My intent is to expand the area covered and increase the duration of this kind of bloom with additions on the front and back end of bloom times. Wish me luck.





















Now that it is July, the roadside vegetable garden is finally starting to grow. I think this has been the slowest take off for the vegetable garden ever. We have no hot. My poor little okra still don't know what to do.





















July, August and half of September at best, that's all we got left of serious growing time. Not that I want it to get hot, but some regular 85's would be fine.

5 comments:

Lola said...

Wishing you loads of luck with the flowers. Veggie garden looks good. Strange seems all of them are slow.
Finally got all mowing done. Still need to weed whack.

Rebecca said...

I wish you luck and heat -- the 85 degree kind.

We woke up to rain this morning. Again! At this point, our lawn is beginning to look like a wild-flower meadow which was NOT the intention at all! We need it to dry up enough so that we can mow.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The 90's are supposed to strike here this coming Monday. In the mean time I intend to enjoy this cooler weather.

Your wildlings are so pretty. They have enjoyed this weathers. All your pulling and pulling is paying off in blooms galore.

Sallysmom said...

Sounds like you need a greenhouse to get your stuff started in.

Swimray said...

I must write and say the wildflower field looks fantastic.
Ray