Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Garden Was Fetching

The hail storm the night before had been brief and merciful.
Blooms were plentiful.
The paths were clear.
There was no floppage.





















The weather was delightful.
Mostly cloudy with dashes of sun and a brisk cool breeze.
It did not rain.





















The turnout was pathetic.
It makes one wonder.





















The timing must have been off.
But these things must be timed by the garden's clock not a human clock.





















But the good thing was, compared to what I do most days, this was most relaxing.
My body was given a much needed rest.

And one of my most favorite visitors, always bearing gifts of living greenery, came to see the garden today that she has had a generous hand in helping to plant.





















The new rustic benches on the Great Lawn felt their first foreign fanny.





















The invasive Gooseneck Loosestrife always gets comments when it is in bloom.





















The wild cultivated gardens were seen for the first time by a few new eyes.





















On a day in a season when the weathers and the garden were in full cooperation for an abundant display.


7 comments:

LostRoses said...

Wish I'd been there but I get to "tour" your garden every time I visit your blog. Coincidentally, I was on a garden tour today and had to skip one as the GPS took me up a mountain road to a dead end - no garden. Never did find it. But lucky people who found yours!

Lola said...

Things went well. I can see. Always a wondrous stroll from your blog.

beverly said...

Gardening is a solitary pursuit but it is always fun to share one's garden with people who appreciate it. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Your garden was gorgeous, Christopher! Those who made the trek up the mountain were well rewarded. It was lovely to see you and Bulbarella again, always a pleasure. Thank you for your hospitality and generosity, my dear friend!

Frances

Rebecca said...

I'm so bummed to live at such a distance. A visit to Clyde is still on my Bucket List (for want of a better term).

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am glad the stars all aligned for you and your garden visitors.

Barry said...

You underestimated the visitor count, I think, if you add in how many of us "toured" your verdant jewel in the mountains.