Sunday, February 16, 2014

Commence Melt

There are 10,000 daffodils and an equal or greater number of minor bulbs hiding, waiting, under all that snow.





















After another inch of fresh snow in the night, surprise, the sun came out, the temperature increased and the melt began. There is still far too much snow on the ground for garden activities. Instead I continued my cleaning of the house next door to prepare for the other gardener's return.



























There is a week of warm ahead, mixed with rain. Not that we need anymore moisture. All the snow will melt. The bulbs might begin to appear. It will be the time of mud. Orange mud. The very same color as my tile floors. I planned ahead.



























Just when one of the beasts figures it out; Hey there's varmints under here. I can play in the snow. It will all be gone. It will be the time of mud and filthy paw prints every where.





















It should be time. Perhaps spring is massing at the border ready to bring in the bulbs.





















But I know, it will snow again before the first - and the last - daffodil blooms.

3 comments:

Danna said...

Great pix as always....the last, a 'picture frame', view thru your nearest trees framing the distant mountains and sky.....can't wait to see them leafed out in their spring green glory.

Lola said...

I agree about the pics. You did great with the old chimney. I too like the "new" view. All that mud will turn to spring soon.

Heaven Scent said...

Hi Christopher! I can't believe how much snow you've had this year! I love that bright blue sky with all that snow!

Siria