Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Big Snow At Midday

It was late getting started and petered out in less than two hours. Maybe there was two inches of fresh snow on the ground. Certainly no more than that. The Big Snow was not living up to the hype.





















Big snow, wimpy snow, it didn't matter. I was not going to be spending any quality time outside. I headed next door to start cleaning house in preparation for the arrival of the resident gardener.





















Cleaning house is a long, slow, grueling process. I'm thorough. I get all the dead bugs. The process can be dragged out over several snow days. I can make cleaning house last for weeks. I may need to. Winter does not appear to be in any hurry to end.





















There was still no big snow when I headed home to feed the caged beasts.





















Round about 4pm it started back up again. The big snow with big flakes was back. Another three inches was added. If it keeps up through the night there just might be a big snow that lived up to the hype in the morning.

2 comments:

beverly said...

Just started here in MD. Hoping it's all hype, or at least that we all have power. Good luck!

Lola said...

Cold here, damp. Hope you have plenty baked goods.
If only that chimney could talk of winters past. What was endured.