Thursday, February 6, 2014

We Got Rimed

The melt was going so well I was contemplating some dry stack stone wall building. But a frigid winter returned with a thick coat of rime and a light dusting of snow. This was not in the diagnosis.





















The cold is back.





















The forest is white.





















The ground is froze.





















It is time to start thinking about a fresh layer of wood chips for the roadside vegetable garden.





















But we got rimed.





















And another possible days long bout of snow has begun.





















I did the final cipherin for my federal taxes. Lord where am I gonna get the money to pay this? Next I need to do my NC state income taxes. Lord. Oh Lord.

Then I went online and bought me some Obamacare. I now have health insurance for the first time in my adult life. I won't have to rely on my good fortune in the genetic lottery as my only insurance anymore.

Then I went for a calming walk in the rime. What a View! Someone needs to chop down that tree on the center right.


4 comments:

Dianne said...

Congratulations and glad the insurance option was available. I will also congratulate you on getting your taxes done. I have not yet started. I probably have at least a couple more weeks to procrastinate.

Lola said...

It will all turn out great. The rime is pretty.

Danna said...

Be glad you control the trees in front of your view....or be beholden to cooperative neighbors.
Enjoy the view!

Sally Lewis said...

Beautiful winter pictures - I can almost smell the ice on the trees. And I am glad to hear of another person that Obamacare has helped.