Monday, October 26, 2015

A Last Look

I try to listen to my inner voice when it is not being negative, repetitive and annoying. I listen when it says go for it, do it now, try this. Yesterday it said get out there and get pictures while the color is still good, this won't last forever.





















I wandered up to the scenic byway to see what the passersby have been seeing. Quite a bit of traffic had been slowing to gawking speed.





















A little house on the mountain surrounded by bodacious fall color may have set some hearts a flutter.





















Uncle Ernie looks on.





















I looked closer at Uncle Ernie with a nice fall back ground.





















It is hard to take too many pictures of the chimney right now.





















That inner voice said do it now because this may not last until tomorrow.





















First the rain came. Now the wind is howling. I suspect when I wake up in the morning fall could be gone. It pays to listen. I captured the last day of peak colors in this particular place in the mountains.


5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am glad you did. It is just gorgeous.

Sallysmom said...

I love that last pic.

Lola said...

Oh how I envoy you. I love all the pics. Uncle Ernie must be in his glory to see such beauty. The chimney, what can I say. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

Christopher.....I'm crazy about pic #6......your old chimney with colors all around! That just might end up in a frame in my cabin! :-)

Christopher C. NC said...

The chimney pictures are quite popular.