Thursday, June 2, 2016

A Wet Dogwood

White Dogwood





















Black Iris





















I'll go with Liparis loeselii, Loesel's Twayblade, on the new orchid. It should get a bit whiter or yellowish as it continues to open. It's a tiny orchid flower though.




















A few of the things you might find in a growing taller by the day wild flower meadow.





















We have entered the passing showers and thunderstorms time of the year or the, oh, please rain, please don't rain again phase. It is what makes the garden grow and why I hardley ever water.

Rain drops on black petals.





















I saw the first firefly last night.





















A wet Kousa Dogwood is so loaded with flowers, the branches are bending under the weight.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

First firefly?? I must watch tonight. I think our area is running a little behind your area this year. It is usually the other way around.

Lola said...

I love that dogwood.