Sunday, June 26, 2016

Freshly Mowed

Can you tell?





















It gets harder as the Lush grows taller and obscures the paths.





















I have to go down to the Great Lawn for the full mown effect.





















One bench is in the cool shade of the forest, a very nice place to rest after a hot mowing.





















I keep the mowing to a minimum for obvious reasons.





















I can encourage the Lush to look like this.





















Editing is easier than mowing and a whole lot more interesting, but that little bit of mowing has a dramatic effect. A strong element of order gives the wild coherence. My maintenance gardener self is able to relax.


3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Yes, it looks so well kept after the mowing. Much more inviting. The mown paths draw you into the lush.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa mowed paths make it feel much safer to enter as well.

Lola said...

I agree with you Christopher.