Saturday, September 7, 2019

Before And After Again

Today's planting job - not the best pictures - was re-landscaping the slope below a quite large common area pavilion. This is just one part of a major landscape overhaul.


















The ancient, tree size and snow damaged junipers were removed with needed building maintenance work.




















A new planting begins.

















The shrubs are 15 Korean Spice Viburnum, Viburnum carlesii. The groundcover is 30 Cotoneaster dammeri 'Streib's Findling'. The mulch comes next.


















I have been bringing many of the rocks home that I dig up when planting things for a few years now. My job is to make things tidy. Plants almost always come with a plastic pot. They are very handy for holding rocks.

I have a heiau that wants rocks.




















I still pick up rocks here when they appear. I just don't dig as many holes these days. All the close by rocks are pretty well fetched.




















I'm getting too old for hauling them long distance over mountainous terrain. But I have a heiau that wants rocks.




















A tidy gardener with plastic pots and a truck can make rocks appear and disappear. It's slightly easier fetching.




















I have a heiau. Bucket by bucket, it is an hourglass made of stone. Only digging holes and time will know how large the heiau grows.




















Stone




















And trinkets.
That is what they will find.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Interesting how you throw in those Hawaiian words. I had to look up this one too.
That is one huge project, on a STEEP hill. It will look nice when all of those plants get established.
I was just thinking the other day that I need a few more rocks. They are hard to come by around here unless one drives the mine roads.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa I can pick up words and bring them home like rocks and trinkets. Yes a truck makes fetching rocks way easier. I pilfered a few big ones from the side of the road a few days ago for the new culvert opening under my mom's driveway.