Friday, November 21, 2008

Buffalo Clyde

Am I living in the new Buffalo? I went to Gardening While Intoxicated and Art of Gardening, both in the infamous snow capital of the US and there was nary a mention of snow. Maybe they don't ever mention snow there because it is boring. It looks like they are still doing fall though and I am buried in a couple of inches of snow. Yes inches, not feet. This is still the south.

It feels like Buffalo.



It was a good day for book work for the cozy cabin. It snowed pretty much all day long. I have one more huge receipt to add to the tab then I can cipher it up and see how much this thing has cost so far. Like I really want to know.



Despite the Buffalo look and feel to the world outside, I still have to go out there and wander. It's a sickness.

7 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I hope you traded your surf board for some snow shoes. Those clouds look like they could dump a few more inches. Keep warm.

Christopher C. NC said...

Snow shoes, that's what I need! How are they on hills?

Anonymous said...

Buffalo Clyde,
Umm.. we don't mention any snow because we don't have any. We can still see green grass.

The ski areas 45 minutes south of here are getting an inch an hour. But they always get snow. When you hear that Buffalo is getting snow, it's usually south of here in the ski areas. Or south of here, like North Carolina.

We had nothing but blue skies with white, puffy clouds most of the day. There was a trace of snow on the car this morning. Thousands of people were out tonight for the opening of a new art museum. It was cold but clear.

Sucks to be you. (come February, it'll suck to be us.)

chuck b. said...

I read in the news y'all are having unusual cold down there. Several long-standing weather records are being challenged. See, it's a challenge! Challenges are fun. Have fun!

Christopher C. NC said...

Sucky Fun, eh.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

There are all sizes of snowshoes. I can just see you waddling around on the mountain side with little snowshoes on your feet.

Anonymous said...

My kids are wishing for your weather with all their hearts. They believe this is THE YEAR when it will really snow in Austin. Ha. Maybe we'd better make travel plans for Buffalo---or the mountains of North Carolina.