Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Zoom Through

The thin slice in the forest canopy. This is the real view from the deck of the resident gardeners house.



Those of you who may know me from Maui, may recall I zoomed through and cropped out the less desirable parts of my slice of the western sky and ocean there.



On Maui I lived in suburbia and there were houses, garages and large stacked piles of my neighbors collectibles in my view. There was good reason to zoom through for those picture perfect skies of Maui.



Now what I edit out isn't really unattractive.



I must just have a thing for the far horizon and the sky.

7 comments:

Gail said...

They look beautiful! Even before you made them even more beautiful! That's a neat skill. I want to get a better camera. What a perplexing amount of info on cameras.

Gail

Anonymous said...

Cameras sure can make a difference in what you are trying to convey. But the lens of the natural eye is the best to view with.
More beautiful pics, Christopher. Thank you.

chuck b. said...

It's great to have beautiful views like this without signs of people, people, people EVERYWHERE!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I like this slice of the sky any way you serve it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christopher, oooh, I like Lisa's comment. You are serving us with these shots. And like Chuck said, they are pretty much people free! Are they TOO people free sometimes for you, or do you like the life of the solitary mountain man? Maybe a mix of both, for I know that next year you will be making more frequent trips down into people land. Still not like the number of people where Chuck is. Why am I writing all of this? You always make me think. Thanks.
Frances

Annie in Austin said...

You made the naturally lovely even more striking, Christopher - and I have fond memories of that Buttercup tree.

I wouldn't mind a few people, but any attempts to catch horizons here might just get wires and roofs. In the front it's garage doors, cars and trash containers... guess that's why most of my photos are taken in the small back yard.

Annie

(Ha,ha! The visual word verification is "micat")

Anonymous said...

Wow...would love to know how you do that. I too agree that the pictures were lovely before you made them even more lovely! Thanks for sharing.