Thursday, December 9, 2010

It Didn't Quite Happen

The Same Way

The pink glow slowly descended from the heavens above. Surely I would see the mountain light up once again in a primordial glow. I was ready.



















Creeping downwards, poised for a brief moment in time.


















But it wasn't quite the same as yesterday. Something was off. The color was muted and not nearly as dramatic. So I stood out there in the cold for nothing. Not. So begins a new day.



















The last wild kitty only took two days to get to the petting stage. Then she gave me her children. The new wild kitty has taken three months to shorten the fleeing distance down to five feet. Crawford on the right is allowed to get closer.




















I think that ugly nose is just his color pattern, not frost bite. Maybe soon I will be allowed close enough to find out for sure. He almost comes now when I put out his food and call and he will talk to me when I talk to him. I haven't seen the other long haired wild kitty in a while now.

I don't think he is feral. He has looked too good from the first time I saw him. I think he was dumped. The Spots still flee and hide at the hint of any strange person arriving. Wild kitty's skittishness of strangers is understandable. But come on now. Haven't I been good to you?




















So ends another cold day with minimal meltage.


















Two days of sub-optimal sanding and staining weathers will be followed by another Siberian blast. A good chunk of one of them needs to be used for Client # 1. I want to be finished with the trim work, but it doesn't really matter. There is plenty of time for the remaining processes before a move in date in the spring.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The skies in winter are unparalleled, aren't they? I have also rediscovered the stars through the now bare tree branches on my wooded lot - bet you have the same.
Dunno much about kitties, but I bet the cold weather will warm up her affections pretty fast. Stay warm.

bev

Lola said...

So sorry that you didn't have a repeat of yesterday morning. No 2 of them are alike.
Time will give you what you need in order to complete what is left.
I don't think there is ever any time wasted. Just that it seems that way.
Sure hope the wild kitty softens up soon. At least it answers when you speak.

Wondering Woman said...

I had a wild kitty for 10 years who never let me pet her until the last day she was here. Her long-time tame kitty friend had died in the house the day before. Wild kitty scratched at the door demanding to come in. I opened the door, she ran up to his room where she threw herself across his bed and made the most heart-breaking little cries. She then jumped in my lap and let me hold her for a long time. She went to sleep in his bed and in the morning she wanted back out and I never saw her again.

Siria said...

These pictures are gorgeous! They don't seem real. Your kitties are all so cute!

Christopher C. NC said...

Bev the stars have been most spectacular of late. Yes wild kitty has been getting friendlier with the cold.

Lola nature never repeats itself quite the same. I should know that. The pre-light up of the mountain was very cool in its own way. Wild kitty is a talker.

Wondering Woman that is a heart breaking story. There is more to our animal companions wild and tame than our culture wants to credit them with.

Siria they are real depictions of what I saw and only had minute enhancements to highlight the color to make it more real to what the eye actually saw.