Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Gardens Will Be Well Watered

It rained all day. I did a little cleaning and paced a lot. There was all kinds of desk type work I could have done. I got some of it done. Days like this prove to me I could never work in an office type desk job. I would simply go stark raving mad.

The rain is good. I planted a clearance rack tray of Phlox divaricata and a geranium that followed me home yesterday. No need to water them in now. Look at how the Lush grows with regular wet weathers. The paths I mowed into the Lush are starting to show up rather distinctly.

See that bare tree on the right. It was the first red maple to leaf out. Stupid tree. The leaves all froze and now it has to leaf out all over again.




















Even the kitties don't cope well with being cooped up inside.

The experimental cabin side bed of collected weeds has been entertaining me. It is predominantly a collection of sedges, small clump forming grasses, the lily blue eyed grass and liatris with a few blooming odds and ends thrown in. It is a contained and doable effort at organizing the native chaos into a collected coherence.




















The snake in the grass is getting swallowed up whole. I lean over the railing of the front porch and contemplate mowing patterns. What should be mowed? What should be left to the Lush? What parts of the Lush should be edited out entirely? What will you have the time to actually do?




















It rains. It grows. I garden by addition and subtraction.

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a blessing to have rain. We need some here. All looks LUSH as you would say.

Lola said...

Great for the rain. Wish we could get some here. I love the mowed paths for guidance. The lush is lush. My blue eyed grass is blooming.
Got more bottles for my bottle tree today.