Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I Get To Live Here

Each morning I wake up and wander outside to the front porch to look down on the tall flower meadow in glorious late summer/early fall bloom. It's my wild cultivated garden.





















It's a great way to start my day. Then I head off to work where most of my wild flowers are now weeds that get pulled in the gardens I tend.





















They don't know what they are missing.





















I get to live here in all this extravagant chaos.





















My maintenance gardener self is struck silent at this time of year. What's so great about a manicured garden?





















I even let the roadside vegetable garden get a little wild this year. Granted I selected the wild allowed to remain because the gardener saw free plants that could be moved to new places.





















Behind this wall of wild is a tidy vegetable garden. The maintenance gardener may have been temporarily struck silent, but the garden designer gardener still has plans to alter this wall.





















Of course this is no ordinary tall flower meadow. My editing has forced nature to come up with the good stuff.





















And the ongoing additions, mostly small and hidden at the tall end of the season will add a sense of structure to the chaos in the years to come. My maintenance gardener self can be subdued with an element of coherence, good flow and some structure.





















Even red paint on a telephone pole can add stucture to the wild cultivated gardens.



























I get to live here. How great is that?





















I add and subtract and nature helping, follows right behind.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like the way BOTH gardeners (maintenance & designer) get to live there! What a wild and wonderful spot to cultivate arm in arm with nature herself.

Barry said...

I bet the nicest weeds that started in your clients' soils followed you home. I have often said, a weed is simply a plant in the wrong place.

Lola said...

I totally agree with Rebecca.