Sunday, December 1, 2013

The First Coat

I love that first coat of sunshine as it crests the mountain and bathes the skeletal remains of the tall flower meadow in a glowing light. A coat of frost makes it even better.





















And when it had warmed a tad, I headed next door for some sunny day winter projects. The first coat of paint was applied to the newly refurbished arbor.





















I removed, as in killed, the invasive Oriental Bittersweet vine that had covered it and replaced the rotten lintels. One more coat and it will be ready to plant something nice like a giant bloomed clematis vine.



























A new handrail by newly reconfigured steps got its first coat of paint. The new step configuration isn't exactly standard to code. I have walked up and down them over and over to try and convince myself it was good enough and I wouldn't need to take out that last old cemented in step. Didn't work. It is better yes, but they are too odd. I need to break out the sledge hammer again and make it right.



























The garden's sign post lost it's arm in last year's ice storm when the top of a sassafras bounced off it. It is repaired and drying after it's first coat of paint.

I can't quite scratch these projects off the list yet, but progress has been made. Another sunny, above freezing day when I'm not working should do it.





















I start moving after that first coat of light breaks up the chill. By the middle of next June I hope to be working on a brand new list.


2 comments:

Lola said...

I love the early morning light too but can't seem to get there anymore. Love your color choice.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola lucky for me that sun doesn't get over the mountain until about 9:15 right now.