Thursday, January 30, 2014

Red Twigs In The Snow

The deeper into winter we go, the more important every bit of interest in the garden becomes. Objets de play an important role, especially now while I wait for the evergreens to grow.



























There are deciduous shrubs that can help too. The baby Red Twig Dogwoods are currently still twigs. I look forward to the time when they have gained a more mature size and create more of a display against the snow. I planted a dozen throughout the garden.





















The colors of the cozy cabin even add to the winter interest. I might have lost track of the flow at some point. It isn't jarring enough to spin me to action though. Painting is a tedious process. The front porch may appear patriotic, but beneath it all my queer flag is flying. I have all the colors of the rainbow in there. Blue doors and decks, a haint ain't blue spruce pine pale green basement patio ceiling, a pale yellow window and eave trim, red columns and girders, white windows and purple wire baskets with shiny silver balls.

It's a confederate gray cabin touched by the subtle colors of the rainbow. It's appropriate to the occupant.





















Adding to it all are the monumental arrangement of rocks. I might get trapped inside, but as long as the snow isn't too deep, my eye is still drawn into the garden.


4 comments:

Lola said...

Love it all. Color you have for winter interest. It all flows together well.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I think it is fun when the rocks start emerging from the snow. The red twigs look great contrasting with the snow.

Dianne said...

I like how you have joined all the colors. I am sure you know I love your blog. Can't wait until I see your new wall coming together.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola even if it doesn't flow, it keeps you on your toes, wondering.

Lisa the stone walls are great in the snow too. I hope the red twigs have a major growth spurt this year.

Thanks Dianne. Looks like there may be a thaw this week. I might get to the new wall soon.