Saturday, July 4, 2015

Flowerworks

It has rained All...Day....Long.  I am now the proud owner of more clean folded laundry. My house is freakishly clean. Good thing. I found out this morning company is coming sometime in the next five days. Details to be revealed later it seems.





















I hope it dries up enough tomorrow so I can vacuum the paths and Great Lawn before the company arrives. I would have done that today, except rain. A tidy garden is more important to me than a dust free house.





















The ten foot high Joe Pye won't be blooming.





















But the 4th of July truly marks the end of the lull, the flowerworks are well under way and will continue until frost.





















The rain did not stop me from taking in the show.





















With an umbrella overhead, out to a wet meadow I went.





















All the daylilies Bulbarella has stuffed in there over the years are starting to make more of a show now that the horrible smothering clematis vine has been sent packing.





















The beebalm can grow tall as intended and spread since it has been set free.





















Lucifer lurks in the meadow.





















I couldn't decide which picture was better.





















In another week or so, a great swath of Black Eyed Susan will join this tableau.





















All this rain has made for a very quiet day on the scenic byway for a 4th of July weekend. That means there should be less trash to pick up.





















But those poor folks, they missed the flowerworks high on the low spot for their holiday weekend.





















It is always my hope the grand display of weed flowers makes a few people think a bit past, oh that's pretty.





















Wow! How did they do that is more what they need to think about.


7 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are lucky you aren't listening to all the cracks, boooms, pops and crackles. flashes of light and stinky smoke. I would rather have rain.

Lola said...

Me too Lisa.

Christopher C. NC said...

I was hearing all kinds of booms, pops and concussion grenades. All I was seeing was fireflies. Then it started raining again and the noise stopped.

C. C. said...

Incredibly beautiful. My jaw would drop and I might have a wreck if I came across your gardens as I was driving. Look forward to pictures at its peak.

We're finally getting lots of rain too = more weeds, but that's ok.

"A tidy garden is more important to me than a dust free house." I need to have this inscribed on a plaque in my house.

LostRoses said...

When I hear company is coming my thoughts turn to how the garden looks!

Rebecca said...

Wow! How did they do THAT? :)

(Wish the company was me!)

Christopher C. NC said...

CC the DOT starting forcing people to stop in front of the garden today. Glad it is tidy and ready for company. The roadwork that goes with my new sign has made it to the top of the mountain.

LostRoses I have a small house and a big garden. We can spend way more time outside than in.

Come visit and I will show you Rebecca.