Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Incoming

I have been scratching gardens off the list for the season, but there has been a turn to winter and it has slowed things down more than I wanted. My minimum operating temperature has already been breached a few times.

Word is the first Big One is coming this weekend. How many gardens can I scratch off the list in the next two days? My garden is ready.

Today was the prelude with light snow all day and a high of twenty five. I cleaned the cabinet under the kitchen sink. It was surprisingly cleaner than expected.




















It kept on snowing, but never amounted to much.




















Thursday and Friday are looking operable. I hope to scratch a couple more gardens off the list. Then the rarer nice days can be directed towards an already full list of winter time chores.

I'm seeing some Big Naps ahead too.


4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

We have had similar weathers. Keep warm.

Sallysmom said...

Napping season for sure.

Sallysmom said...

Just wondering - I was going back through some of your old posts & came upon the 2010 Hawaii trip. Have you thought of going back for a visit & what on earth is a buttercup tree?

Christopher C. NC said...

I certainly wouldn't mind going back to Maui for a visit Sallysmom, but I'm too poor for that now. A Buttercup Tree is Cochlospermum vitifolium. I had the double flower form there. http://www.rareflora.com/cochlospermumvitdouble.htm