Thursday, May 9, 2019

What Did I Plant?

Let me see if I can remember. There were a number of acquisitions.




















At the Lake Junaluska native plant sale I found
2 Black Cohosh
1 Yellowroot and
1 Perfoliate Bellwort




















With a gift certificate to my favorite local independent nursery
6 Aster oblongifolium
4 Aster 'Kickin Lilac Blue'
for the roadside flower bed

2 Monkshood
1 Gillenia trifoliata and
1 Pycanthemum muticum
for wherever I could find a good place,
Followed me home




















There was one accident.




















A red clumping bamboo, Fargesia nitida, jumped in my truck one day while shopping for clients. I had no place to put it. It now marks the entrance to future expansions.




















A wounded Fringe Tree, Chionanthus virginicus, was given a second chance at life. One baby 'Brilliance' Autumn Fern came up in some weeding. A gifted Spigelia marilandica was placed in a sunnier spot. I keep hoping one of them will grow robust on this mountain top.

There was some planting. Did I mention I also planted five layers of a Wedding Cake over the last three weeks.

Then it rained and it was good.


4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You have been a busy boy.

Christopher C. NC said...

Yes I have. The rain for this weekend may make me sit down. I suppose that is good too.

Judith said...

Nice photos of the dandelions and ragwort.

Christopher C. NC said...

I love my dandelions and ragwort!