Sunday, February 2, 2020

Queen Of The Snowdrops

It was snowing when I walked over to Solly's house.


















That is where the motherland of snowdrops resides.






















It was cold, grey and windy. The catalog quality pictures do exist, in countless fleeting moments.

















Today in the sun, the snowdrops opened up. The wind had decided to roar. The wind is evil.





















Do you believe it? I know. I know. She is a major happy purring machine.




















The was no room left in the other warm winter den. There was in the land of snowdrops.


6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What an extensive spread of snowdrops. Beautiful.
Mine are just opened today due to the warm weather.
Good to see Solly looking perky right at home.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa the snowdrops have been dug and scattered far and wide from the motherland. Solly's doing good. Now I am feeling guilty leaving her alone so much. I considered moving Miss Dinah back home early. Hmmm?

Jennie said...

Hi Christopher, I was just searching for a good pic of snowdrops, to illustrate a newsletter I am writing for a non-profit called the East Bay Community Music Project , and came across your photos. I am seeking a photo of snowdrops because, in the newsletter, I honor my mother-in-law who died last week and who taught me a wonderful song about snowdrops. Anyway, I was wondering if I might use one of your photos, with attribution, in the newsletter? It goes to slightly less than 500 subscribers who all value community music-making...a lovely group of folks. Thanks, Jennie

Christopher C. NC said...

Hi Jennie. Yes you may use a picture of the snowdrops. You should be able to just grab one off the blog. If you look in the archives for this time of year there will be plenty more to choose from. There is a very photogenic patch by an old stump that I have not taken a picture of this year.

Jennie said...

Wonderful! Is the following attribution ok with you?
Photo credit: Christopher C.
or would you prefer the following?
Photo credit: Christopher C. of Outside Clyde blog
Thanks, kindly!

Christopher C. NC said...

Hi Jennie, adding the blog name would be nice in case any of your music friends might be interested in taking a walk through the wild cultivated gardens in NC.