Saturday, February 15, 2020

The Firepit Bloom Day

A lot got done today. The chop and drop is basically done with just some minor touch up needed here and there. A mile of trash was gathered along the scenic byway.
















There was enough time left over to light the hairball of pick up sticks on fire before the ring of crocus around the pit starts to bloom.




















I remembered it was Bloom Day after it was a bit too dark for more pictures. The Witch Hazel 'Arnold's Promise' will have to suffice for flowers in my garden today. If you need more, keep scrolling to older posts or visit Bloom Day headquarters. The bulbs are rising in many gardens no doubt.




















Imagine if you will, a ring of crocus around the firepit. They will be along shortly. I had to be careful not to step on them.




















Speaking of hairballs. Solly Kitty has been throwing up her dry food for the last three or four days. Something needs to come up. She spent a few hours outside in the garden with me today and had a chance to eat some grass. I hope it helps. We can go for another walk in the garden tomorrow.




















It was a productive day. Amazing how that can happen when the weather is not cold and wet and gross. The winter garden chores are pretty much done. In perfect time for the bulbs to rise.


5 comments:

Anna K said...

Nice! Imaginary crocus and witch hazel is great! I need one of those productive days here. It's been pouring down for weeks, especially on my days off. I'm ready for a day devoted to yard work - fingers crossed for a break between downpours tomorrow.

Lea said...

Cute Kitty! Hope it is feeling better soon!
Have a blessed day!

Arun Goyal said...

Incredible shots .Hope you have blooms in upcoming months soon.Happy Garden blogger blooms day.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I cut off hellebore foliage yesterday which is usually my first big job of the spring. Of course this always leads to one thing then another. Hellebores and Snowdrops are the only things blooming in my garden right now. I wish my Witch Hazels were the as full and pretty as yours are.

Christopher C. NC said...

Anna the witch hazels are great for the winter garden. This month has been rain/snow almost non-stop. What a pain.

Blessings to you Lea. I think Solly will be fine now that she has had some grass to eat.

Thank you Arun.

Lisa my hellebore are beginning to open. The snowdrops and witch hazels are finishing up. The first yellow crocus have started to bloom.