Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Other Worldly Blue

Well before I get home in what is now early evening, the Tall Flower Meadow is bathed in the blue shadow of the short mountain across the byway.
 













The sun is low and and the entire forest is thirteen years taller.














It is hard to describe the other worldly sensation of being immersed in an ocean of blue asters in that blue quality of light.














It pulls me in. I want to absorb this strange phenomena because I know it will not last.














It is a fleeting span of light and time, a pilot light before the forest bursts into autumn flame.














In many ways I have done what I set out to do. The garden of my imagination has been made real.














The bones are in place. Now I tinker with the details. Plants propagate around me.














While nature conducts the performance.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is a joy to walk into your garden and find the magic of the changing light.