Friday, April 15, 2022

An Easter Bloom Day

My house smelled amazing when I got home this afternoon. I caught a bouquet of evicted lilies before they were left out in the cold. The first flower opened while I was gone. The house smelled so good, I had to crack open a window.














It's Bloom Day on Easter weekend. Let's go out for a walk in the garden. Then you can go visit Carol at May Dreams Gardens for more Bloom Day festivities.

I have Creeping Phlox














And the last of the daffodils.












The late blooming daffodils are a safe bet in the vicissitudes of spring.














Into the forest with Golden Ragwort and Celandine Poppy.














The Trilliums are rising.













The multi-petal Bloodroot.














There are acres of gardens to wander and more in bloom than I can record. I also needed a bucket of rocks for a small wall restacking. So I went and did that.














One bucket was good. It wasn't enough. I will be out in the garden. I can fetch more rocks on an Easter weekend, out in the mountain top garden.


6 comments:

Dorothy Borders said...

Beautiful blooms. I do love those trilliums!

Arun Goyal said...

Beautiful ! I love daffodils.

Lea said...

Beautiful Lilies!
Love the wildflowers too
Happy Easter!

Christopher C. NC said...

It is indeed a beautiful spring out there.

Yvonne said...

Your wilder gardens always look so beautiful. My Bloodroot has finished blooming, but the 'Little Sweet Betsy' Trillium is still looking lovely. I even have volunteer trilliums in two of the front garden beds; I only hope I live long enough to see them bloom.

Barbara Rogers said...

It's great to see flowers in a woodland setting. Love the trees too!