Sunday, May 29, 2022

Into The Lush

Summer has arrived and I was able to spend the day in the wild cultivated gardens doing some much needed editing. Four kind dried beans were also seeded in the roadside vegetable garden.














It will be nice when I can spend the entire day in the gardens and it isn't my only day off. One can hope.














The month of May was completely discombobulated between travel and a week of monsoon rains. We got seven inches of wet last week.














Everything grew to Lush without me it seemed.














My schedule was in disarray. Work was backed up and piling up. I was in a constant state of catch up.














I'd come home and wander into the Lush where Monet still lurks in the vibration of shadows.














Briefly calmed and noting things that need to be done. Later. When I have the time and energy.














The garden grows on without me.














And it was good.














I keep coming up with plans to make it better. Why I wonder. For whom?














This garden of mine














Where I will remain until the end of time.


4 comments:

Barbara H. said...

It's a good and beautiful place to be. And plans to improve lead us from one day into the next - a good thing as long as we can also enjoy just where we are right now, right here.

Christopher C. NC said...

So very true Barbara. And when I wander into the Lush is never feels like work no matter what I am doing.

beverly said...

"Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts" why you are continually striving to improve it. And, as the sainted Henry Mitchell used to say, your garden is to please only yourself, no one else. Besides, you show it to us! And we love it!

Christopher C. NC said...

Thank you, Beverly. I needed to hear that. One day the gardens may be on tour again for in person viewing.