Monday, November 14, 2022

And It Snowed

This was a first, a hurricane with snow on the back side of it. I woke up to this Sunday morning. There is an entire week of frigid ahead. It is going to be very cold. More frozen stuff is incoming.











I came home today to the residue of the first cat fight. Solly came out of hiding right when I walked in the door. She didn't appear to be traumatized at all. Button literally scared the crap out of her to go along with the gobs of pale orange fur scattered across the floor. Button can get cranky when he is stuck inside in the cold.














I haven't heard back from the IRS since I sent them some money. Not the full amount. Because I'm stubborn. I don't know how that hairball is doing. The new hairball I just stepped in is health insurance. Medicare starts in March after I sign up. Current and new insurance ends and needs to start January 1st for two months. The health insurance labyrinth is not improved by data hungry technology that is privatized and sliced up into bits to subcontractors. I had to step outside for a moment just to howl.


3 comments:

beverly said...

Sorry about the 2 months, but you will love Medicare after paying for private insurance. I am a retired doc myself and was never so happy to go on Medicare. Glad the cats are gradually settling in; they are doing better than our Congress LOL.

Christopher C. NC said...

Beverly I am hoping signing up for a Medicare Advantage/supplement plan is not too difficult. I have already been bombarded by scammers and sales pitches before I can even sign up at SS. I think the cats will actually be friends soon which is way better than Congress or politics in general.

C. C. said...

Medicare is amazing. I did go with BCBSNC for supplemental. A broker advised me to go that route because I needed to have some expensive tests done, cataract surgery, etc. Things I'd been putting off. Supplemental is $95/mo. I don't have dental. My husband has an advantage plan thru United Healthcare and pays nothing but Medicare, but he also has co-pays. I do not. Six of one, half a dozen of the other maybe. I've heard it's easier to switch from supplemental to advantage than switch from advantage to supplemental, if you decide you aren't happy with what you've got, but I don't recall why that is. Good luck!!!