Thursday, February 16, 2023

A Day Late For Bloom Day.

Yesterday was not a good day. I felt completely exhausted, unable to move, and spent the day napping on and off. I lost track of what day it was. It was Bloom Day and I slept through it. This sinus infection seems to be lifting, but it is not letting go easily. Rotating days of warm have set the bulbs in motion. Sunshine signals opening days.














These early crocus remind me to go have a look at the house next to the Catholic church in town that is a solid lawn of crocus. It is a sight to behold.














The sunshine encourages the snowdrops to open fully as well.
 













This is the beginning of many full Bloom Days to come.













The Witch Hazels are in bloom. It is interesting that they seem to have long petal and short petal years. Or I am imagining things.














I caught a sweet whiff of 'Arnold's Promise' passing by. That is a good sign. I am so over feeling sick.














More crocus arrive on a daily basis.














The damn deer eat my crocus. This year they will be getting a mouth full of hot pepper to go with my flowers.














The hellebore are in bloom too.













Next up will be the daffodils. They are rising in force. I'm running late on my chop and drop this year and spring is running a touch early. I need to feel better soon.


No comments: