Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mystery Solved

There has been some recurrent concern from certain quarters about how the 1x1 decorative glass tiles in the shower would look with the glass sink vanity top. Now we know. I think they match just fine. My eye sees a full tone lighter coke bottle green, a very clear glass. Another eye sees what is called an aqua green with a blue tone. I don't see any blue tone.



Now mind you unless I do a back splash of the bathroom sink with the leftover 1x1 glass tiles - like I need another project - the two shall never meet and will be partitioned off to their own territories by a Decora patterned glass block wall and a pebbled glass shower door of other glass colors and textures. The glass blocks and glass shower door are just plain clear. I detect no color from them. The textures add a whole other dimension though.

That green glass sink will also live in the green room, Laura Ashley Apple #5 green to be exact. Laura's green is sure to overpower any hint of aqua another eye might see.

People with glass bathrooms . . . . . . . .

4 comments:

Betty819 said...

Don't forget to show us pictures of the finished project. Am anxious to see how it turns out.

Christopher C. NC said...

Betty I am anxious to see the finished project too. Alas there are numerous steps that remain between me and a completed throne room. I've also looked at clear glass shelves for higher on the wall above the towel racks. In this small cabin there are no closets.

Anonymous said...

Love the joke at the end! No, you don't need another project! ((:

bev

Lola said...

Yes, we anxiously wait to see the finished project.
Love that sink. It looks great with the glass tile. Do you plan to put a smidgen where the sink will dwell? I think the glass shelves would be so appropriate as for as some type of storage.
Boy, kids couldn't be around all that glass. lol I on the other hand need real sturdy stuff because of them. Mostly me as I am so clumsy. Now my balance is even worse.